Catholic Social Services donates supplies to 
first-ever diocesan Early Learning Center

ATTLEBORO, Mass. — With the recent announcement of the Little Flower Early Learning Center, Catholic Social Services’ CEO Sue Mazzarella immediately knew that her organization could help. 

Without hesitation, she contacted School Superintendent Steve Perla to offer any assistance with supplying the center with toys and books. Within a week, the director of the Little Flower Early Learning Center, Christine Barrett, had filled her car with brand new toys and planned to go back with a truck for the multitude of other toys and books that had been allocated to Little Flower.

css_toys

Catholic Social Services has been servicing the Diocese of Fall River since 1924 and to this day, lives out its mission “to help those in need.” 

Sue Mazzarella said, “CSS formally links and collaborates with local parishes, agencies and systems to create strengthened community services. This is a prime example of how two diocesan ministries can come together to better serve the children and families of southeastern Massachusetts.” 

According to Mazzarella, CSS receives donations from the community, and especially from the parishioners throughout the diocese. The “Celebrate the Beauty of Every Child” campaign is another example of a donation opportunity. CSS is the conduit for distributing these donations — they reflect the compassion and generosity of the members of our diocesan community.

Steve Perla added: “This collaboration between Catholic Social Services and Little Flower truly embodies what we are all about. Little Flower had a need and CSS had a solution — I cannot think of a better way to be good stewards of people’s generosity and goodwill. Because of CSS, Little Flower will save at least $1,000 in having to supply toys and books for the children it will serve.”

Christine Barrett, Director of Little Flower, said: “I was so overwhelmed and blessed with how many toys CSS had to offer! When I tell you there are lots and lots of toys from birth to age 10, I felt like I was in a toy store. What an amazing service to Little Flower!”

The Little Flower Early Learning Center offers a faith-based, innovative, and affordable childcare program for children ages six weeks to 3.9 years. Market research indicates that there continues to be a need for high quality childcare where every child is valued, respected and accepted as an individual with unique qualities, needs and patterns of growth. The Little Flower Early Learning Center will accept childcare vouchers. 

For more information, including tuition rates, please call Christine Barrett at 508-455-0145.

The Catholic Schools Alliance comprises administrators, teachers, staff, parents and clergy joined in partnership to educate the children of the Diocese of Fall River in Catholic faith and values. Its schools have a demanding educational culture that helps students from across the academic spectrum reach their God-given potential. With an emphasis on service and respect for the dignity of every person, they prepare students to meet the challenges of today’s diverse world and become meaningful contributors to society.

© 2019 The Anchor and Anchor Publishing    †    Fall River, Massachusetts